Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A New School Year with New Changes!

Ahhh...so here we are! I know I haven't been the best about keeping this blog up to date. I kinda gave out by the holidays! Well, hopefully that will change! So much going on, with not enought time to get all of it done...the story of my life!

Well, we started "school" a couple weeks ago...no exact date, since we've kinda trickled into it and are still trickling in.

Cashew has since graduated from our private homeschool! He is now attending a junior college, which he started last year in his senior year of high school. He's doing well...I'll write about his classes later...He's now able to drive himself to school with his own car (thanks grandpa!). The newest discussion is whether he should get a job.

Macadamia is in public high school. She survived last year and is now getting the hang of it. She's on the dance team, which she is enjoying, but misses being at home and hates the homework! Her grade point average has been about a 3.5, so no complaints from mom! She is still doing ballet outside of school.

Pistachio has decided he wants to postpone going to high school. The plan was to go to 9th grade public school this year. He was excited to play football. He has a fall birthday, so technically, or even legally, he qualifies to actually be in 8th grade this year. After thorough discussion, he decided he wants to wait one more year. Many factors swayed his decision, including playing college sports...he'd rather be 18 when he graduates instead of 17. Makes sense, and honestly, there's no rush to make them grow up fast! He's playing in a football league and training at an athletic gym designed to groom college athletes.

Almond is now in 4th grade...finding a writing curriculum is my biggest challenge. She's taking ballet at one studio, and jazz, tap, and lyrical at another. This year she is trying a jazz performance team.

Peanut is officially in Kindergarten! Well, that could change too, since she has a fall birthday, but for now, we are doing K level work. She's following her big sis and dancing ballet once a week, then jazz and tap, also trying the performance team!

I'm still working part time night shift, 2 times a week. My biggest challenge is making our schedule work! The gas money is killing me! Not to mention I don't get enough sleep!

My hubby is currently on shore duty. We are waiting for new orders, and hoping we don't have to move! If we don't move, we're looking at another deployment next year! Such is the life of a military wife!

Whew...well, there's my update! Hopefully I will blog at least once a week...once a month minimum! I have so much to say, just not enough time to write it! lol... Hmmm...I have't tried mobile blogger. I may give that a try too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Made by Lena